Saturday, November 4, 2006

Baby Hannah’s Shower

Hello, little girl!  What fun for Grandma to have two little girls to write letters to!  Grandma finished getting the invitations ready for your shower and sent them in the mail.  We are having your shower on November 25.  That is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  There is a very, very special reason we are having your shower on that day.  You see your other Grandma, your Mommy's Mommy, is coming from Texarkana up to Minnesota to have Thanksgiving with your Mommy and Daddy.  Grandma Tammy doesn't get to come to Minnesota very often so we are having your shower on that day so Grandma Tammy can be here with your Mommy at the shower.  Grandma Tammy doesn't like living so far away from you and we are so excited that she gets to be here on your very special party day.  I think I know how Grandma Tammy feels.  I wouldn't like it if I lived so very far away from you and your Mommy and Daddy.

I am getting so excited for your shower.  I can't wait to see your Mommy get blessed and showerd with love and gifts for you.  Auntie Kari and Auntie Laura and Auntie Lynn and Grandma Christensen are helping with the shower too.  We are having so much fun planning.  Auntie Lynn has something special she is planning, but you and Mommy will just have to wait till that day to find out what it is.  :) 

I remember the showers that I had when I was waiting for your Daddy to be born.  My family gave me one and the girls I worked with gave me one.  We had the showers and my due date came and went and your Daddy still wasn't born.  Your Daddy decided to be stubborn and was born TWO weeks late!  Oh, my....I became very impatient for him to arrive.  Grandma Christensen lived in Missouri at the time and she came up to be with Grandma once your Daddy was born.  She came up on my due date and had only two weeks before she had to go home.  So she had to go home right after your Daddy was born!  Babies come in their own time, that is for sure!  :)  But it is worth all the waiting in the world.  I will never forget the day your Daddy was born.  I didn't mind the two extra weeks he made me wait.  :) 

So now we wait for you.  I wonder if you will be like your Daddy and keep us waiting just a little extra?  Well, I know this for sure.  You are worth the wait, little girl.  Grandma is just beside herself with wonder about who you are and imagining you in my arms and seeing you in your Daddy and Mommy's arms.  What an awesome gift you are to us from God. 

I love you, Baby Hannah.  Sleep tight and grow strong.

Love,

Grandma

No comments: