Thursday, January 1, 2009

Safer Than A Known Way

"I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year,
'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.'
And he replied,
'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God
That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.' " Minnie Louise Harkins 1875-1957

Quoted by King George VI in his Christmas broadcast, 1939. Britain was at war of course and obviously at the time no one knew what the outcome would be.

I took this quote from a blog that I read from regularly. Sally-Lloyd Jones. I will post her link when I get better at this process.

I thought this was the perfect quote for me and my new year. 2008 was not one of the best years of my life. 2009 is so unknown and I just want to know that it will be a good year. So I will put my hand into the hand of God and He will keep me through whatever 2009 holds.

Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Mom that is really cool!
That would be a perfect quot for you!!
I love you so much!
Happy new year
I will see you later