Monday, April 9, 2007

Grandma’s Back

It has been two months since I last wrote! I have to be better about this. So much has happened since little Sydney was born. I will try to catch up on things. Sydney's Daddy (Brian) fixed a laptop computer for Grandma so I can sit in my bed and write to my heart's content. Maybe now that I am comfortable I will write more often! When I write on the desk computer it hurts my neck. Grandma has bifocals in my glasses so when I type I have to tilt my head back so far that my neck hurst after awhile. But with the laptop I don't have to tilt my head at all!

Grandma Tammy stayed with Sydney and Emily and Brian for two weeks. That was so special for everyone. Grandma Tammy was so sad to leave. It is hard for her to be so far away. But she was able to come back for Easter! She got to see her little Sydney for three whole days again.

Auntie Lynn and Uncle Steve had their birthdays in March, but because everyone was sick we had to postpone the birthday party for a couple of weeks.  But we finally were able to celebrate their birthdays.

Sydney an Raiya finally visited me on the same day together.  We were able to take pictures of both girls on my lap. The pictures turned out so good.  It was so special for me to have both Raiya and Sydney on my lap.

I think of all those months we waited and waited for Raiya and Sydney to be born and now they are here and I can hold them both at the same time.

It is so fun to see their personalities developing.  Both girls are easy going and have the sweetest smiles.  Their smiles melt my heart every time!

Easter was such a wonderful day!   We went to early service at church and then picked Grandma Christensen up.  Lynn, and Raiya came over in the morning and were with us until almost 2:00.  Then they left to go to his Grandma's.  Brian, Emily, Sydney, Grandma Tammy, and Uncle Jacob came at 1:15 and stayed until 5:00 when Jacob and Grandma Tammy had to go to the airport to go back home.  Gary and Sher, Brianna, Brandon and Ryan came for pie and stayed and played the Wii with us.  Grandma Tammy brought a Wii Nintendo for us and for Aaron and Maggie.  It is too hard to find one for sale in Minnesota so Grandma Tammy bought them in Arkansas and brought them up on the airplane.  We sure are having fun with our Wii.  I played boxing with Sher and knocked her out.  :)  I played with Mike and Steven and they were surprised  that  I was kind of good at  the games.

It will be fun when Raiya and Sydney can play the Wii with us.  So many things to look forward to.  Raiya is enjoying her stroller rides outside.  It won't be long and Sydney will be wanting to go out for walks too.  Seeing the world through a child's eyes is such a blessing.  It helps us older folks have a fresh look at the world.

I need to go get Uncle Mike from work and then I need to get to bed!

No comments: