Monday, October 23, 2006

Lynn’s Baby Shower

Yesterday, Aunt Emily, Aunt Kari, Aunt Laura Beth and Grandma spent the day planning and getting ready for your baby shower.  We are getting excited to see your Momma get showered with love and gifts next Saturday.  We wrapped gifts and got the games ready and the presents for the guests.  One of the games Aunt Kari is doing is giving a little tiny diaper for everyone to pin on their shirt.  Then at the end of the shower Aunt Kari will ask everyone to look inside their diaper.  The one with the brown mark inside gets a prize.  The brown mark is suppose to look like a dirty diaper.  What silly things we ladies do!  :)  We all are getting so excited to celebrate the coming of your birth with our friends and family. 

We know some of the gifts you and your momma and daddy will be getting next week.  It is so hard to keep it a secret from your momma.  I can't wait to see your Daddy and Mommy's face when they see all the beautiful gifts they are getting for you.

Grandma loves your Momma so much.  It just seems like yesterday when I was waiting for your Momma to be born.  She was such a tiny little baby.  Only 6 pounds when she was born. Your Momma was the sweetest baby.  She smiled when she was only a month old and hasn't quit smiling since. 

Grandma was at church helping in the church nursery when I first realized your Momma was about to be born.  I stayed in the nursery helping until church was over and then we rushed to hospital.  Grandma was a little worried that I waited too long.  Your Momma was born an hour after I got to the hospital.  So it was a good thing the Pastor didn't talk too long that morning!! Or your Momma would have had her first time in the nursery that day!!  :)

I love you my little one.  Grandma is praying for you.  Grow strong.

Love,

Grandma

No comments: