Thought I would share a couple of stories with you all.
A couple of weeks ago when I was in bed with my lap top propped on my knees. Mike came into my room to ask me a question and I looked up at him to answer and he was all out of focus. I adjusted my glasses and rubbed my eyes and I still couldn't focus my eyes.
At this time in the process things were going wrong with me every day and I got all upset thinking here we go one more thing.
Mike came in the room a couple of more times and each time I struggled to focus. He was all blurry.
I decided to put the computer down and rest my head and eyes. I rolled over and took my glasses off to lay them down next to me in bed. There next to me was my other pair of glasses. It dawned on me that I had my computer glasses on and that is why Mike was out of focus!
So when the doctor was writing the orders for the MRI she was telling me about some of the terminology they use in the report. When nothing is wrong they sometimes will say the brain was "unremarkable". She said some of her patients take that literally as the have an unremarkable brain.
But when I got my MRI back I did have some things that were "remarkable" so the remarked that I had and anomoly. So I asked the doctor what that meant. She said that a lot of people have anomolies and never know it. It is just like some people have moles on their face or birthmarks. I was born with this anomoly. So she pulled the scan out and showed me. I was born with a small hole in my brain. It is where a blood vessel would probably be.
My friend was with me and when we left I told her I would much rather have an "unremarkable" brain than have a hole in my head! She said no! Just think you really are holey!
Just think, when my mom was mad at me when I was a kid and she said "What is the matter with you? Do you have a hole in your head?! I could have honestly said yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment